Traveling around the world is one of the HEALTHIEST things you can do – and I bet you never thought about it like before…
Good health is as much mental as it is physical. Below you will 7 Reasons Travel is Good for Your HEALTH!
- It let you truly know Dreams come True – Dreaming big is a concept I have been practicing and preaching since before I realized it was way I was doing. AND as a 21 year old, my dreams got me to travel Europe with a backpack and Eurail pass. If you want to take a trip you’ve probably always wanted to. You imagined it, daydreamed about it, envisioned it. Guess what? Now’s the time to do it. Tomorrow never comes, there’s never enough money, but trust me, the only trips and adventures you’ll regret are the ones you never took!
- You will have Cool Stories – Don’t fancy yourself a storyteller? The best stories and social media posts are always of adventures you’ve had, places you’ve traveled… I recently posted my travels through Alaska and it was just thrilling to take my social media and REAL friends along for the journey. Plus at parties – you will have cool stories to tell – Even if they seemed trivial when they happened, nostalgia will create a epic spin around getting your laundry done in Morocco or the crazy cab driver in Tangiers. For me personally it was watching a mom and baby elephant in Kenya for an entire day and spending New Year’s Eve 1999 on a sandbar with one firework, 8 people off the coast of a tiny African island called Funzi.
- Happiness! Getting away from YOUR daily grind can be amazingly relaxing – even with the stress of travel – its always new and exciting. Just getting much needed time away from the office to rejuvenate. Studies have shown that travel not only reduces stress but helps to improve our ability to handle stress long after we return home. There is a joy associated with the idea of vacation – embrace it.
- Get dirty – its helps your health. I gave birth to twins and I remember my husband and I deciding that we were not going to “have a sterile and super clean home” like so many of our fiends – they made themselves (and the babies) crazy. Germs are good for us. Scientists have recently reported that our modern obsession with cleanliness might be leading to a rise in allergies, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disease. Getting dirty could just be the best path to developing a strong immune system. Going on adventures means getting dirty — and healthier.
- Taste NEW Flavors– You will be amazed at the flavors the world has to offer. Enjoying new spices, new cultures can be exhilarating and something you will bring home with you — not everyone eats the way we do at home – so be open minded – seek out local – not the McDonalds!