Doctors talk about an apple a day well – good news for Hawaii – Pineapples are IDEAL for Weight Loss!
1. Fresh, raw pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that aids digestion by breaking down protein in the digestive tract. This promotes muscle strength and elasticity, and we know that muscle burns more calories than fat!
2. The bromelain enzyme contains potassium, so it actually neutralizes sodium, arginine and some acids. This helps eliminate water from your body, flushing fat out with it…making it a natural diuretic. It even drains adipose tissue, thus being a treatment for cellulite.
3. Pineapple is also anti-inflammatory which helps solve many stomach and intestinal problems.
4. Pineapple contains no fat, and is a low calorie, low energy density fruit which means more food for less calories. Why not eat fresh pineapple instead of having a sugary dessert?! (1 serving = app. 1⁄2 cup = about 40 calories)
5. The high fiber content in pineapples makes you feel full (causing you to stop eating) and helps keep your bowels consistent.
6. Pineapple is 87% water which helps you feel full and increases your water intake, both of which are good for weight loss.
7. Pineapple has a high Vitamin C content, boosting its fat-burning ability. Having a Vitamin C deficiency can actually slow down your metabolism!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPB1oacirVM (Health Benefits of Pineapple)
http://www.livestrong.com/article/541330-pineapples-weight-loss/ http://www.healthmango.com/dietnutrition/pineapple-for-weight-loss/ http://www.ehow.com/about_5457595_pineapples-weight-loss.html http://www.fitho.in/pineapple-for-weight-loss/