I did not write this blog but it needs to be shared…
Warren Buffett Says to Invest as Much as You Can in This
The other day I came across a quote from him where he was advising people to invest as much as possible in something that everyone has access to, something , he says, in which we can never invest too much.
What is this amazing asset he’s so bullish on?
You will never get a better return on life than when you truly invest in yourself. Here are some ways to help you make the most of your investment.
Stay healthy on all three planes: mind, body, spirit.
It all starts here. You need to be firing on all cylinders, or else you won’t be able to get the most of out your life.
This doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. Just be mindful about improving yourself. Here are some simple ways to do it:
- Mind: read a book (even if it’s just one page a day), journal.
- Body: exercise (even if it’s just for 7 minutes), eat good food, drink plenty of water, get a good night’s sleep.
- Spirit: pray (it doesn’t matter if you’re religious or not) or just says ‘thanks’, be kind to people, write a gratitude list.
Cultivate positive habits and stick to them with a daily routine.
How much better do you feel on the days that you do something good for yourself? Perhaps it’s the days that you exercise or maybe when you are really focused at work. Your days just seem to go smoother, don’t they?
You can have that every day. It’s just a matter of deciding what you want to do and following through with it.
Start small. Decide on one positive habit that you can start doing today, and then do it. Then do it again tomorrow. Once you’ve mastered one habit, you can put that momentum toward building a way to have the best day ever.
Never stop learning.
“Warren Buffett has become one hell of a lot better investor since the day I met him, and so have I. If we had been frozen at any given stage, with the knowledge we had, the record would have been much worse than it is. So the game is to keep learning, and I don’t think people are going to keep learning who don’t like the learning process.”
Most people think that real learning ends when school is over but they are selling themselves way short. Life should be about continuous learning, and there are many ways for you to do this:
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Take a free online course.
- Talk to people and ask them questions (listen more than you talk).
- Research something you are interested in.
Surround yourself with excellence.
It’s been said that you’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. In other words, who you spend time with influences the person you become.
Take a look at the people in your life right now and ask yourself these questions:
- Are they making you better or are they bringing you down?
- Are they mostly positive or are they typically quite negative?
- Do you feel better when you are around them or do you feel worse?
If someone is a negative influence on you, then you have to kick them to the curb (or severely limit your time spent with them). This can be very hard when it’s a family member or co-worker, but if you want to become the best version of you, you are going to have to take action.
Spend time getting to know yourself.
Your time is extremely valuable and precious. Spend some of it getting to know yourself better. These practices can help you find out who you truly are:
- Do yoga.
- Write morning pages or journal.
- Find hobbies that you enjoy (and actually do them).
Do what you love to do.
You only have one life to live, why not live it to the fullest?
Invest as much as you can in yourself starting right now, and you will see returns beyond anything you could dream of.